Meg teaches visual arts to Year 7 and 8.
What we do
The aim of Visual Art is for students to enjoy developing their practical and creative abilities, to learn to appreciate different artistic styles and to learn about the history of art.
This term the Art room will be filled with colour and action as we discover Design in our culture and the world around us.
Year 7 – “In our shoes” In this unit year seven students will be introduced to Art in everyday items.
We will be designing Wearable Art and creating sculpture out of ordinary shoes using the world as our design pallet.
Julie teaches Music to Year 7 and 8.
What we do
In Music, we aim to provide students with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for active engagement and enjoyment of many aspects and genres, in order to encourage a lifelong appreciation of music.
Music 7 – 8
The Music curriculum is comprised of four main objectives: Performing, Composing, Listening, and Appreciating. Music is, for the most part, experiential learning. Students will have opportunity to experience various activities that touch on these core objectives.
Each class will include many of the following activities:
- Get With the Beat: short lessons and review of rhythm patterns and concepts
- Sing Along: singing and reading music
- Long Term Memory: short lessons about musical terms and notation concepts
- Brain Break: Movement, response to music, appreciating various styles
- Play and Perform: playing instruments, performing compositions
- Pop Culture: playing, listening/responding, and analyzing current styles and artists (7 & 8)
- Techno-time: Studying and applying the use of technology in Music (7 & 8)
- Culture Clash: Music in a context: Tribal, Around the World, various time periods, etc. (7 & 8)