Port Vila International School only considers employment of teaching staff with appropriate teaching qualifications and experience.
Classroom teachers are required to have a Bachelor of Education degree or a three year undergraduate degree and a one year teaching diploma or certificate, as a minimum requirement. Excluding Ni Vanuatu teaching staff who have obtained a qualification from a recognised international university, only teachers with a minimum of two years’ experience as a full-time classroom teacher are considered for employment.
Recruitment of teaching staff generally occurs from July through to September for a January start and CVs, accompanied with a covering letter, can be sent to the Principal at email@example.com
If you are living in Vanuatu and are interested in relieving at PVIS please send your CV to the Principal.
Thank you for your interest. We are recruiting for the following vacancies:
EEC – Y6 Deputy Principal
An exciting opportunity exists for an EEC – Y6 Deputy Principal commencing from January 2018.
This position is a temporary contract for one year with a possible extension.
The position will have a significant teaching and learning focus from Early Education – 6 and the successful candidate will possess the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and recent experience with the Australian Curriculum.
- A solid understanding of assessment design and reporting against the Australian Curriculum Achievement Standards.
- Recent experience with successfully line-managing teaching staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interactive positively with students, parents and other staff.
The main areas of responsibility of the Deputy Principal will be to:
- Line-manage EEC and primary school staff that will include curriculum, assessment and reporting support, as well as performance appraisal and professional development.
- Implement systems and processes that promote efficient and effective operations of the Primary School.
- Support curriculum and assessment design from K – Year 6 using the Australian Curriculum.
- Maintain, and update when necessary, all year level overviews and work programs in line with Australian Curriculum standards.
- Use individual and whole-school student achievement data to influence teaching and learning practices in the school.
- Promote positive student behaviour in the Primary School.
- Provide effective communication to parents and carers regarding student academic progress, behavioural issues and general school initiatives and projects.
- Actively market and promote primary schooling at Port Vila International School as the premium school of choice in Port Vila.
- Support the Principal and Assistant Principal of Secondary with all school operations and initiatives, when required.
Download the position description and follow the application process.
Completed applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00pm (Vanuatu time) on Monday 30 October 2017.
Shortlisting and Interviews: Early November.
Interviews will take place via Skype or in person depending on the location of the shortlisted candidate.
Appointment of successful Candidate: November
Commencement of Duties: 15 January 2018